The personal information provided will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The University administers its obligations under this legislation in accordance with its Data Protection Policy.
The Healthcare Library of Northern Ireland holds information about applicants and members on computer in the following categories:
- Personal Details: name, home address, contact details;
- Work Details: work address, Trust details, profession category, contact details;
- Details of your relationship with Queen’s University Belfast.
This information will be used for the following purposes:
- Allowing access as appropriate to University systems and online services;
- Allowing access as appropriate to Library Services;
- University and Library Communications;
- Confirmation of identity if needed for payment purposes;
- Contact on an occasional basis for surveys and research to improve our service.
Is my personal data shared with anyone outside of Queen’s University Belfast?
Your name and email address may be shared with other libraries in order to fulfil an inter-library loan or document delivery request.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal data only as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, and in accordance with the University’s Record Management Policy. Data will be securely destroyed when no longer required.
On confirmation of membership you should:
- Check that the information included about you is correct;
- Tell The Healthcare Library of Northern Ireland if there are any errors or if any of the data is incomplete;
- Ask to see any of the information if you want further details.
It is your responsibility to advise The Healthcare Library of Northern Ireland of any changes to personal details on an ongoing basis.
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation, including the right to access personal data that the University holds about you insofar as it falls within the scope of the legislation. Please contact the Information Compliance Unit (email@example.com) for further information.